7.05.2011

First Fireworks!


We took little miss to see her first fireworks this 4th of July!  She was totally enthralled by them!  Nick & I were taking bets beforehand & expecting her to cry, but it turned out we didn't need an escape route after all because she was awesome!

Avette's been crawling now for over a month and a half.  She chaises the dog around the house.  Every time I turn around he's giving her one of his bones & she sticks them right in her mouth, of course!  Yuck!  

She's also standing on her own for short intervals.  There have been falls & it's frightening at first, but I keep convincing myself that it's all part of the learning experience...

I can not believe she's 9 months old today!  It is flying by way too fast!!
This weekend we took her on a hike to McKenzie Pond.  She giggled & babbled the whole trip.  She loved tasting the wild strawberries growing by the pond.  The water was warm enough to stick her feet in & she splashed them around.

She points at things & says some words like "hi", "mama" & "eyes".  She waives when we say "hi" & "bye".  This little stinker still cries every time you put a shirt on her - I wonder when that will end...  Not a day goes by that she doesn't make me smile.  I just love this little girl so much!

No comments: